Kings Crescent Estate – Phase 1, Hackney
A large scale estate regeneration programme of 273 new build properties and external refurbishment works to a further 101 homes.
- Procurement:Design and Build
- Client:London Borough of Hackney
- Concept Architect:Reo Carson Architects / Lopez Rorrison Architects
- Working Drawings Architect:Reo Carson Architects /Lopez Rorrison Architects
- Agent:Harry Raper Partnership
The project will be built in a range of blocks, ranging in height from five to 12-storey, with space for a community centre and retail units at ground floor level. The new buildings have been designed to be integrated into their local surroundings using clear and simple designs that changes in height in certain locations.
The tenure mix of the new build properties comprises of one, two, three and four bed properties, of these 79 are to be rented, 36 intermediate and 158 private sale.
This is phase 1 of a five year masterplan, which will total 765 units, of which 490 will be new build and 275 refurbished properties.